Connect with us


Jake Harris, star of ‘Deadliest Catch,’ was detained in Washington for a second time for DUI



jake harris

Jake Harris, star of ‘Deadliest Catch,’ was detained in Washington for a second time for DUI, according to reports: Jake Harris, the former star of “Deadliest Catch,” has apparently been arrested for a second DUI, following his detention in 2019.

Until 2012, Harris starred in the hit Discovery series about Alaskan crab fishermen. Many fans of the iconic TV show will recognize Jake as the son of Captain Phil Harris, who died in the series. Phil passed away in 2010 from what appeared to be a stroke. Josh Harris, Harris’s brother, continues to feature on the show as the skipper of the Cornelia Marie, the family ship.

Jake Harris Deadliest Catch | what happened to jake harris

Harris, 35, was detained and booked for Felony DUI, Driving with license revoked/suspended 1st degree, and driving without an ignition interlock device when needed, according to a Washington State Patrol spokesperson.

According to TMZ, the former reality TV star, 35, was arrested last week near Mount Vernon, Wash., after his Dodge Journey 86 was clocked at 86 MPH in a 70 MPH zone. According to the site, after cops attempted to pull him over for a safe stop, Harris drove the vehicle another 3 miles.

where is jake harris | deadliest catch jake harris

jake harris

When officers spoke with him, they discovered that his driver’s license had been suspended. In addition, as a condition of his earlier DUI arrest in 2019, he must have an ignition interlock device fitted in his vehicle. Harris explained to authorities that he didn’t have the gadget in the car since he borrowed it from a buddy.

Officers noticed Harris was repeating himself, that he appeared pale, that his eyes were bloodshot, and that his pupils were constricted, according to the outlet. They requested him to take a sobriety test because they suspected he was inebriated, but Harris reportedly refused, preferring to go to jail instead.

Harris was freed on bond from the county prison on Tuesday, according to records obtained by Fox News, after being detained on May 7.

As previously stated, this isn’t Harris’ first run-in with the law in the District of Columbia. He was previously sentenced to 18 months in prison for felony charges of driving while intoxicated and possessing heroin with the intent to manufacture or transport it.

The allegations come from an alleged incident in which he refused to identify himself to park officers before fleeing in an RV. He was pursued by state troopers, who forced him to come to a halt. Police discovered cocaine and a stolen weapon inside the vehicle, according to reports at the time.

Continue Reading